NVQ in Occupational Safety & Health Level 4
National Vocational Qualifications are awarded following an assessment of skills as they are applied in a work situation according to standards developed by relevant vocational bodies.
In order to achieve an NVQ candidates? theoretical knowledge must reach an agreed standard and their jobs must enable them to put that knowledge into practice. This process is continually assessed by an independent assessor.
The benefits of achieving an NVQ
One of the great benefits of the NVQ assessment programme is that it takes into account what you can already do and what you already know. If you have been working for some time, you will have acquired a range of skills and knowledge for which you can gain credit towards your NVQ.
Who is this qualification aimed that?
This qualification is designed for people who are either Health and Safety Officers or people with Health and Safety responsibilities at a managerial level.
Do I need any previous qualifications?
Candidates do not need any previous qualifications although they should have sufficient health and safety responsibilities in a managerial role and preferably have either a NEBOSH general certificate or NVQ Level 3.
What is the structure of this qualification?
Candidates must complete the 10 mandatory units on the list below.
- HSP2 Promote a positive health and safety culture
- HSP3 Develop and implement the health and safety policy
- HSP4 Develop and implement effective communication systems for health and safety information
- HSP5 Develop and maintain individual and organisational competence in health and safety matters
- HSP6 Identify and control health and safety risks
- HSP7 Develop and implement proactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- HSP8 Develop and implement reactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- HSP10 Develop and implement health and safety emergency response systems and procedures
- HSP11 Develop and implement health and safety review systems
- HSP13 Influence and keep pace with improvements in health and safety practice